The Great St. Petersburg State Circus
The Great St. Petersburg State Circus became the first stationary stone circus of the Russian Empire. It was opened on December 26, 1877. Tickets to the circus show were more expensive than to theater, but the director never made concessions and did not lower prices. Nevertheless, the circus was a great success.
Artists who have seen on their European tour track a lot of circuses called this building one of the most beautiful circuses in Europe.
The initiator of his construction was an Italian citizen, the head of a large circus family, a circus artist (rider and horse trainer) who made a great name in Europe - Gaetano Ciniselli.